We want our customers to have fun while playing at Elitebet Kenya, so we encourage responsible gambling. Please try and establish your own limits for purchasing, wagering and even losses before you commence gambling. We allow our customers to define their own limits for gambling, and then we help with management tools that allow you to set and control your own limits.
Gambling is a form of entertainment, and should never place a burden on your life either financially or emotionally. Borrowing money to play, spending above your budget or using money allocated for other purposes is not only unwise but can lead to significant problems for you and others around you.
Do you have a gambling problem?
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Have others ever criticized your gambling?
2. Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
3. Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
4. Do you gamble alone for long periods?
5. Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
6. Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
7. Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
8. Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
9. After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
10. When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
11. Do you gamble until your last shilling is gone?
12. Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
13. Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem To speak to someone about this you can Contact Us or there are a number of support organisations available to help with independent and free advice.
For customers who enjoy gambling frequently, it is not uncommon to spend over their budget some of the time. We advise that specific budget plans be made to ensure your gambling expenditure is affordable.
Sometimes people deny the extent of their own problems and seek help only in crisis. Ask yourself honestly, and if you think you might have a problem set yourself the goal of stopping gambling for two weeks or a month as a test. If you are unable to achieve this, you could have a problem and might benefit from discussing your situation with a counsellor.
Access to Customer History
To enable you to keep track of your activity, you can easily access a history of transactions, withdrawals and deposits. Your account history is always available via your “My Account” section of the website once you have logged in.
Preventing under age gambling
It is against the law for those under 18 to gamble and Elitebet Kenya takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously.
Our payment services are based on mobile money services. To register for such services, by law, one has to be aged 18 and above, and have a valid National ID card. For cheque or cash payments, we require proof of age through the Identity card.
We carry out electronic age verification checks on customers and may also ask for backup documentation. Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also lose any funds added to the account.
Help us to prevent minors from gambling
It is unlawful to allow minors to gamble and we ask our customers to do their part in ensuring that this does not happen. We ask all of our customers, and in fact it is your responsibility, to ensure that your account is not used for under aged gambling. Some suggestions on how to make sure this does not happen are provided below:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when you are logged on to our website.
- Make sure to logout when you leave our website.
- Do not share your credit card or bank account details.
- Do not leave the "Save Password" option enabled.
- Use child protection software.
- Create separate computer profiles for your children.
If you know a registered user below the lawful age in their jurisdiction, please contact Customer Services.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include:
There are also a number of companies who provide software which once installed allows you to completely block individual computers from accessing gambling internet sites, these include:
If you believe you have a gambling problem or just wish to take an enforced break from gaming, Elitebet Kenya gives you the power to permanently exclude yourself from playing at Elitebet Kenya. If you choose to exclude yourself permanently, you will be barred from playing games at Elitebet Kenya. All you need to do is contact our Customer Services team.If you would like to prevent access to gaming, wagering or gambling facilities on the Internet various software is available to do so, Gamblock™ www.gamblock.com blocks access to Internet gambling sites on the World Wide Web. It can help problem gamblers avoid the dangers of unrestricted gambling.
Getting Help and Advice
There are many international organizations that can provide support and assistance to people who develop a problem with gambling and we recommend that you contact a self-help organization for additional help.
The following directory of resources offers free and confidential advice and guidance. Each site contains help line numbers and an e-mail address to help address any concern you may have.